- Ground Transportation Center
At the McNamara Terminal, Michigan Flyer-AirRide motorcoaches pick up and drop off most passengers in the Ground Transportation Center (GTC). Airport regulations dictate where we may serve you:
Our designated stop for pickup and drop-off of passengers who are not disabled or do not need extra time or assistance is at the south end of GTC parking garage Level 4. This diagram shows our “standard location” in relation to our former stop at the terminal curb.
· Pickups: If you would like us to pick you up here, follow the signs for Ground Transportation/Public Transit when leaving the McNamara Terminal. Cross the bridge walk and take an elevator or escalator down to the GTC. (In cold weather, please stay inside the GTC waiting area until 5 minutes before your bus is due to arrive. Then proceed out Door 401 or 402 and follow the sidewalk 200 yards south to our stop.) Our standard location is marked by a Motor Coach/Public Transit/AirRide sign near the Enterprise Car Rental shelter.
· Drop-offs: Passengers arriving on Michigan Flyer at our “standard location” in the GTC parking garage should follow the sidewalk into the GTC waiting area. Then take the escalator or elevator up one level, and follow signs to Ticketing/Check-In or proceed to the security check point.
Airport regulations provide new stops closer to the McNamara Terminal that may be used “upon request” by “passengers with a disability or anyone needing extra time or assistance,” along with their traveling companions and caregivers.
· Pickups: Our designated “disability stop” for picking up passengers is at Door 402 of the GTC indoor waiting area.
· Drop-offs: Our designated “disability stop” for dropping off passengers is at the Departures Level curb of the McNamara Terminal.
It’s best to submit your request to use a closer bus stop at the time you buy your ticket online. On the Passenger Information webpage where you enter your name, just write “Drop off/pick up close to terminal” in the Special Needs box. Alternatively, you can make your request when you call or visit our office, or by telling either your driver or one of our customer service representatives at the airport.
Michigan Flyer-AirRide—and all other public buses and shuttles at the airport—must accommodate you if you ask to be dropped off or picked up at one of the new stops closer to the terminal. Legally, no one is permitted to ask about your reason for requesting the closer location.
To see which Detroit Metro terminal your airline uses, click here.