About Michigan Flyer
Michigan Flyer is Michigan's premier motorcoach service―offering 12 daily round trips each between East Lansing, Brighton, Ann Arbor, and Detroit Metropolitan Airport. A convenient, comfortable, and reliable service, Michigan Flyer makes the trip for business travelers, families, students, and vacationers more relaxing and affordable.
Michigan Flyer was founded by Indian Trails, Inc., and Okemos Travel, in 2006. Michigan Flyer has carried more than 2.2 Million passengers since it began operations― with an extraordinary 98% rate of on-time arrivals and departures.
In 2020 and again in 2022, our parent company, Indian Trails invested over $10 Million in brand new fleet equipped with technology that reduces exhaust emissions to near zero
Michigan Flyer continues to contribute mightily to the mid-Michigan economy while doing business and attending conventions here, and visiting family, friends, and our great universities.
Essential Travel Option
- Save money
- Safety & convenience
- Conserve energy/Protect environment
- Avoid or reduce traffic congestion
- Stay productive with mobile devices
- Travel between cities for business and pleasure
- Don’t or can’t drive
Our fleet consists of newer-model motorcoaches with engine technology that exceeds EPA standards, produces near zero air pollution emissions, and achieves high fuel economy. All offer these features
- ADA-compliant wheelchair lifts
- Electronic stability system
- New GPS
- Three-point retractable seatbelts
- Engine fire-detection and suppression system
Comfort and Convenience
- Deluxe, ergonomic seating and ample leg room
- Individual climate controls
- Reading lamps
- Tinted side windows offering panoramic views plus privacy
- Mobile charging stations at every seat
- Free WiFi
- On-board lavatory
- Enclosed, overhead parcel racks
Michigan Flyer-AirRide passengers make a significant difference in energy conservation, decreasing pollution and easing congestion on our highways. By taking advantage of motorcoach transportation, you might just help save an ice cap or two. Each of our motorcoaches:
- Exceeds EPA standards on air pollutants (85% fewer CO2 emissions per passenger mile for each person who rides instead of driving alone)
- Achieves high fuel economy (184 passenger miles per gallon)
- Has the capacity to remove 50 cars from the highway, further reducing air pollution, traffic congestion, and our nation’s dependence on foreign oil
The Union of Concerned Scientists confirms that motorcoaches are the greenest travel option of all― compared with planes, trains, and automobiles― whether it’s one, two, or four passengers traveling 100, 500, or 1,000+ miles.
Click here to check for employment opportunities with Indian Trails or to submit an application online.
Michigan Flyer was founded by Indian Trails, Inc., and Okemos Travel, in 2006. Since then, our frequent, daily roundtrips between East Lansing, Brighton, Ann Arbor and Detroit Metro Airport have carried more than 2.5 million passengers. Typically, more than 65,000 each year are visitors from out of state. Collectively, they infuse an estimated $22 million annually into the mid-Michigan economy by doing business and attending conventions here, and visiting family, friends, and our great universities.
Since 2012, Michigan Flyer has co-branded the segment of its route between Ann Arbor and Detroit Metro Airport as AirRide, and operates it in public-private partnership with the Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority ("TheRide") to provide near-hourly shuttle service from early morning to late evening, seven a week.
Since 2019—in partnership with the TheRide and the Regional Transit Authority of Southeast Michigan—we and our parent company, Indian Trails, have also operated the D2A2 Express Bus service. D2A2 connects downtown Detroit and downtown Ann Arbor with near hourly service from early morning to midnight.
Throughout our history, Michigan Flyer has offered passengers the critical option to choose eco-friendly transportation. Specifically, each of our motorcoaches:
- Exceeds EPA standards on air pollutants (85% fewer CO2 emissions per passenger mile for each person who rides instead of driving alone).
- Achieves high fuel economy (184 passenger miles per gallon).
- Has the capacity to remove 50 cars from the highway, further reducing pollution, traffic congestion, and our nation’s dependence on oil.